Sunday, September 28, 2008

First Days of School








Ashtyn is 10 years old and already a 5th grader!! I keep telling her she can repeat a grade and stay in elementary school for a bit longer, but she rolls her eyes at me and thinks I'm crazy. This will be her last year in elementary school.



A 1st Grader!!!! Yes, Gunnar is now 7 years old and so happy to be a first grader and going to school every day! He loves reading, math, PE and, of course, recess. As you can see he has some serious long hair growing. He has always wanted "bangs," and he now has them. He just loves his long hair and kept it all summer long no matter how hot it got. He is quite proud of it, and likes to wear it like his cool high school cousins wear theirs.





Look, they are smiling and touching...ahhh, they do like each other. :) Maybe it is because it is the first day of school and they know they don't have to see each other all day every day!




Finally, Miss Abree, now 4 years old, gets to ride the bus and go to school like her big sister and big brother! Even though she had to wait two long weeks after they started, she was so excited to fill her back pack with her school supplies, wear her pretty dresses, and eat in the cafeteria. Always waking up happy, on this day she opened her eyes, looked at me and asked, "Do I go to school today?" When I replied, "yes!" She jumped up, threw her arms in the air and yelled, "YES" while pumping her arms. It was precious. And, when I pick her up every day at noon, she runs out of class with a big grin, jumps in my arms, and says, "I missed you, Mommy!" (It warms my heart to know Miss Independent does still need her mom.)


The kids!

4 comments:

henleyfamily said...

We love your blog! Have fun keeping it updated with all the cute things your kiddos do!

Lolli said...

I'm so happy to see those cute kids! I've been anxiously waiting for you to hop on to my blogging buddy list!! I know you are soooo busy. I hope you are finally getting a little rest. Remember...I'm not far away and I kind of like holding babies;

Amy said...

I am so glad you decided to blog too! This way I will be able to get to know you along with working with you too.

Your children are sooo adorable. I never realized that my Taylor and Ashtyn were the same age. I bet they would get along wonderfully! We can keep that in mind if we ever need to get together for a "business" lunch. :)

Keep up with wonderful job on your blog. I LOVE the Cougar colors and the stars! Great choices!!!!

Miller Family said...

I am so glad you have a blog. It is such an easy way to keep up with friends and family. You have such adorable children. Wow! A pre-schooler that gets to ride the bus, Colin would be jealous. He goes to pre-school five miles from our house two times a week for two hours. He wants to ride to school with Ty, but knows next year will come too quick then he won't get to be with mom so much.