Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fair time!


Early September was our county fair and Ashtyn and her friend Freckles had a wonderful experience. After feeding Freckles for over a year, Ashtyn was able to show him off!



Pull!!! Freckles didn't like to walk much, it was too much effort.
I guess 1,439 lbs is quite a bit of weight to move.






Freckles and Ashtyn became great friends!




Cousin Jake was so much help to Ashtyn. Freckles looked good!






Off to make some money!



In the sale ring...it was harder to leave him than any of us ever thought! Leaving the first market animal behind at the fair is so tough!

3 comments:

Lolli said...

Oh...those pictures melt my heart. The first one makes her look so grown up and poised. I love the one with her french braids taken from behind. It shows her simple innocence. I love it! You are so great to get her involved in showing. I bet it totally brings back fond memories for you every year! Just think of the memories you are helping her create! It won't be long and you'll be helping a few more cute kiddos:)

Lolli said...

I forgot to mention that I love the name "Freckles"!!

Amy said...

What a very grown up girlie! I LOVE the pic with her pulling Freckles. Tug-a-war with a cow...interesting game! :)